Let Us Help You

frequently Asked Questions

Help Center

We understand insurance can seem complicated. Our job is to make it easier for you to find the answers. Here are some frequently asked insurance questions.

Still can't find what you’re looking for?

Give us a call at any of our locations or send us a message with our on-line form.

North Andover 978-681-5700

Billerica 978-667-9031

Haverhill 978-372-1229

Send Us Message

If you wish to contact MTM via email please fill out the form.


We will be in touch as soon as possible (during regular business hours).


**Please be advised that we cannot bind or alter coverage via fax, voicemail, text or email**


(Do not enter personal sensitive information)

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

  • Make A Payment

    How do I pay my bill?

    What credit cards do you accept?

    Is there a grace period for late payments?

    Please visit our “make a payment” page in the resource section of our website.

    MTM does not accept credit cards or debit cards. However, most of our insurance carriers do accept them. Visit our “make a payment" page and look under insurance carriers to learn more.

    No, there is no grace period.  Your premium is due on the date the insurance company notifies you.

  • Make Changes To My Policy

    How do I make changes to my policy such as an address or name change?

    Can I make changes to my spouse or kids policy?

    How do I cancel a policy?

    Contact us via telephone during our normal business hours. Please be advised that we cannot make any changes via voicemail, fax, or email.

    Due to privacy, federal laws we can only take direction from the owner or Named Insured on the policy.

    This varies depending on the type of policy. Please contact us and we will walk you through the cancellation process.

  • Auto

    I purchased a vehicle and would like to know what the Registry fees in MA will be?


    What do I do if my windshield cracks?

    Does my insurance deductible apply if I must have the windshield replaced or repaired?

    If my vehicle is broken into and goods are stolen. What do I need to do?

    What do I need to do if I have a car accident?

    MA DMV registration rates can change. To confirm fees, you can visit DMV.org

    Report your damage to your carrier or to MTM as soon as possible. Broken glass is generally covered under the comprehensive section of your auto policy. If you're not sure you have comprehensive coverage reach out to us and we can confirm for you.

    This depends on the state that you live in and your individual policy.

    Notify the police first and then reach out to MTM.  Please note that vehicle contents are not covered under your auto policy.  There may be coverage for this under a home or business policy.

    • Call 911 immediately.
    • Gather as much information as possible at the crash site. This Includes name, address, insurance information, vehicle make and model, license plate numbers of all parties involved in accident.
    • Take photos of accident scene, damage and injuries.
    • Report accident as soon as possible to MTM.

    What if I hit a pothole and my car is damaged. Is that covered under collision?

    Yes, if you have collision coverage. However, you will be responsible for the collision deductible.

    Do not assume you have coverage.  We recommend that you always call MTM before renting a vehicle.

    If I rent a car do I have coverage under my own policy?

  • Home

    Does home insurance cover storm damage?

    If I have a fire and have damage what do I do?

    What do I do when my home has been burglarized?

    The answer depends on the situation and the type of coverage you have on your policy. Check with MTM to make sure you have the proper coverage.

    Notify MTM immediately. We will ask you to itemize your losses and list the value of your damaged property. You will also need to keep track of any additional living expenses.

    • Contact police immediately and file police report.
    • Take inventory of loss or damage.
    • Take photos of any structural damage and/ or damage to your personal contents.
    • Call MTM promptly to report the claim.
  • Business

    How often should I review my policy?

    We recommend that you review your policy annually.  If you have made any changes to your business this should reported to us immediately.

    What does BOP Mean?

    This is acronym for "Business Owners Policy". BOP's often includes business liability and property insurance.

    Please be advised that coverage is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions found in your policy.

MTM Insurance Associates, LLC home page
MTM Insurance Associates, LLC home page
MTM Insurance Associates, LLC home page